Saturday, May 8, 2010

The process of creating a piece 1...



...or why is it that I`m so damn slow at this, lol.

Lately, I recived a few mails asking to see what is the process I follow to make a picture.
Although I don`t really have any secret techinque or anything I`d be glad to share this process, if anyone is interested.

So, here`s how it goes...


I`ve had this pic for quite a while, and now I`ve finally have the time to color it, yay!! Please forgive the sloppy pencil work, it`ll be less noticeable once the color starts kicking in

I saw this pose on another artist`s website, hope he/she doesn`t mind. Of course, I changed the angle, position and overall placement, I wanted this kid to have a " come hither" look while showing off that booty heh heh

The composition is sorta cheesy, but I`ll try and make it more intersting with some strong contrast, (or at least I`ll try)

Stay tuned for next post, when I`ll lay down the basic color scheme

see ya then

5 comments:

Tommy said...

This looks really promising, do love your work and a new piece is good news.

witomski said...

Obviously, you've been a busy boy....so very glad you've found some time to post....love, love, love your work!.....Joe

witomski said...

Have you stopped posting at y!gallery?....thanks...Joe

Abs said...

Tommy:
Thank you, hope you like it when is finished!

Witomski:
YEah, he he he, I really missed posting here. I haven`t post in a while in Y, I guess I`ll eventually will, if I find a pic worth posting

DEVILMAN said...

Interesting
I always love to see the proces of other people art!!! Specially the sketch part
Some people think this is easy, but in fact, draw one of this ilustrations take a lot of time xD